मंगलवार, 19 अक्तूबर 2010

Family matters

Adya pretends to be deep in her thoughts. "What is a family," she asks.

"Mmmmm.... A family... Let me think. A family is a unit, a set of people who love you dearly", I try to be as simple as possible.

"So Adya, do you know now what a family is?"

"Yes Mamma. Family is you, Papa, Adit, Adya, Dadi Maa, Baba, Nani Maa, Nanaji, Bhaiya Mamu, Chota Mamu, Ruchi Mausi, Bua, Phuphaji, Sharad Bhaiya, Riti Mami, Saumya Mami, Lakhi Bhaiya, Gauri Didi, Anand Bhaiya, Hari Bhaiya, Balram, Amresh Mamu, Priyanka Mami, Ravi Mamu, Manisha Mami, Om, Sushant Mamu, Guddu mamu, Choti mausi, Sabah-Hafsa Mausi, Buia Mausi, Vivaan, Abhishek Mamu, Pratik Mamu. Family is Purnea, Ranchi, Siwan, Calcutta. Family is..."

"Hold on Adya. Mamma is getting breathless now." I literally have to shut her up!

And that's the joint family Adya comes from. वसुधैव कुटुम्बकम। The entire world is a family, you see.

6 टिप्‍पणियां:

S Hamid ने कहा…

This is a complete 'aw....' post! Love you all. xo

riti ने कहा…

I love this post! :)

I just wish Karan Johar took inputs from Adya on the subject for a movie called "We are family"! :D

Sushant ने कहा…

this post is a response not for u...but for adya...i feel privileged and honored.

riti ने कहा…

“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.”

This is what Walt Disney said. I agree with him :)

Manoj K ने कहा…

children have the finest brains with the best ideas.. at 12 i thought of a store with everything in it.... i was 26 when i saw my first supermarket..

Unknown ने कहा…

I am always late when it comes to giving my 'thots' AKA comments. After all a nice upbringing brings some values in the kids :-)!